10.02.2006

On our way home from Rexburg last night, I realized a few things.

First I realized that Ryan handles most of his frustrations well. I don't remember the last time we were in traffic that required you to turn the engine off. At about 9:30 last night, there we were, on I-15 in North Ogden, with nothing but the sound of the Mo Tab CD in the back ground. I think we got through the entire CD sitting there. Most people aren't able to detect when someting is bothering him, but I know his subtle changes in body language or attitude and he likewise knows mine. I am grateful that I know him so well and likewise, he knows me equally well. There's something very comforting in that.

Secondly I realized that my life was truely shaped by the choices I've been making for a long, long time. Opportunites are often times limited because of choices people make. When I look at where I am and who I am, I am grateful for the choices I not only made in my youth, but the choices I continue to make each day. Those choices are continuing to shape my life, and more importantly, will shape the life of my children.
Wouldn't it be great if as 14 year olds, everyone understood this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have always been wise beyond your age Cal, even when we were teens... that's why I loved you so much! and still do ;)

eliz

Emily said...

Amen sista! I am glad you chose to be my room mate:)
Come speak to our youth...seriously, come.