10.12.2006


Lamaze Part II

Last night Ryan and I attended our second lamaze class. At the end of the class, Joni, our wonderful teacher, was having the husbands help their pregnant wives learn to relax through a series of massage and breathing techniques. As we were getting in the car to leave, Ryan said "There are couples in there who are so awkard with eachother, like they haven't realized they're married." The husbands looked totally clueless when it came time to touch their wives.

Then he commented about a couple who was completely on the other side of the spectrum...they were very comfortable with eachother, too comfortable for a public place. This particular couple even left class a little early. Ryan was sitting behind me during the exercise so he had a good scope of the room and obviously put his people watching skills to use during the time he was supposed to be helping me get in the zone. (Amazingly, he pulled it off. I didn't even know he wasn't paying attention. However, I should have known--giving me a massage is like auto-pilot for him at this point.)

But what I want to know is, who the heck starts kissing in Lamaze class? And then there was that one girl who just kept laughing. It was throwing me off. The woman next to us could't get the "in 2, out 2" breathing down. She kept asking Joni if she was doing it right. Come on people, if you can't get this down, what are you going to do when it comes time to push an 8 lb baby...I'll stop there!

No comments: