SWISS DAYS

Jolea and I started a little tradition a few years ago. It wasn't one of those things that you plan to become a tradition, but somehow it just does. A few years back she introduced me to a little event called Swiss Days held in Middway, and today we loaded the stroller, a one year old, and our purses and headed up once again.
There's a parade (of which we have never gone to), lots of celtic music and yodeling, sauerkraut, a Little Miss Swiss pageant, scones, and all the other foods you would expect at such an event, but with the title "Swiss" in front of it. Just in case you were wondering, a "Swiss" Navajo taco is no different than a regular Navajo taco. As we found out today, a "Swiss" hamburger is no different than any other hamburger, except for the fact that they apparently don't cook the meat as long. Note to self.
But we girls don't go for the the food, we go for the boutiques. And so does everyone else apparently, because, well, there are tons of them. It's total chaos. You're constantly pushing your way into crowded booths, trying to get that wreath before the lady with the lipliner half way up to her nose snatches it first, just like she did the giant jack-o-lantern on a stick.
I always feel guilty when we leave because Jolea is the queen of "put-it-back" and I never do. However, I can justify at least 2 of my 3 purchases by saying that they were both things that I would have had to buy eventually for our home and I had been on the look out for them. It just so happens that I found them both today, at Swiss Days. The third one might have been a little bit of a splurge ( a darling clock for the baby boy's room), but Jolea talked me into it, so I guess I can claim peer pressure on that one. She only bought one thing--a pair of darling shoes for the one year old. It's a good thing I am not having a girl. That is all I can say. I would have spent way more money today( see, look at the postive Honey).
So once again, Swiss Days didn't disappoint. Well, except for the pink hamburger and the fact that Ryan wasn't there to enjoy all the yodeling.

No comments:
Post a Comment