NESTING

I am told that in your final weeks of pregnancy you go through what is called the "nesting phase", a phase described as a time when soon to be mothers try and keep themselves as busy as possible, finishing up last minute projects, cleaning, arranging, you know making sure everything is just right to pass the time. The problem that I see with this is why would you wait until your final weeks to do all this. In my final weeks, I want to be passing the time by curling up with my chenille blanket and spiced cider in hand and finally watching the 24 series that everyone keeps raving about. I want to have my house projects done, my christmas shopping done, my laundry done. Which is exactly why I put my poor husband to work throughout the labor day weekend and just about every night since. We have begun the window cleaning, spare bedroom finishing, house decorating extravaganza. Ryan and Mark graciously spent all weekend priming and painting the "blue" room downstairs. Now for some carpet, baseboards, door trim, closet doors and rod, a light fixture & presto...we're in business. I spent the weekend cleaning windows, caulking, and wedding shopping with my little sister. We bought a crib, the baby bedding and few other decor items that Ryan doesn't think we need, and we are well on our way to knockin' all this "stuff" out. Project Loveless is officially underway and with a bridal shower, baby showers, a wedding in I.F., BYU football games, a baby blessing in Idaho, hand surgery, Harvest Fest II, Jolea's Halloween Party, my birthday, our 2nd anniversary, a marathon in Logan, Thanksgiving in New Mexico, oh and full time jobs...I don't think we started a minute too soon.

1 comment:
That made me exhausted just reading it and I'm not pregnant...I don't think.
Post a Comment