PROJECT LOVELESS
Project Loveless is well underway. Ryan has primed and painted the entire spare bedroom downstairs & we've ordered carpet to be installed on Monday. The step inbetween these 2 is what has me concerned. Here's why. Baseboards equals carpentry. Neither Ryan nor I have any finish carpentry skills. You should have seen us in Home Depot yesterday, roaming aimlessly around, looking for someone to assist us (which is another topic for another day, but let me just say that the H.D. doesn't get my marks for customer service). So after about 30 minutes we were walking out with four 12 foot moulding strips. We got the painting thing down, that won't be a problem. It's the cutting and the installing. We figure it can't be that hard. Do we know anything about miter cuts? No. And what the %#*$ is a backcut or coping saw? We don't know, but Mark is borrowing a miter saw tomorrow and the boys are determined to figure it out. I'm all for it. Once they learn how to miter and cope and backcut I have lots of projects for them to do...window casings, chair rails, wainscotting...It can't be that difficult, right? This bedroom will be ready for the grandma's to come and stay in no time.


6 comments:
Ryan and Calli,
I got the miter saw, but I don't know how to use it. See you tonight.
I have the box of gauze, disinfectant, and the emergency assistance numbers. Good luck tonight.
loveless #1- Ive never actually used the miter saw, but I've watched several times-doesnt look too hard.(would offer my husbands assistance, but cant promise he'd be there) Good Luck-call if you need someone to watch and yell if you are doing it wrong.
If you were there, that means we could each have one person to yell at if they were doing it wrong. It's hard for one person to do all the yelling all the time.
Amen to that one.
So Mark, are you saying you would welcome both Jolea and I supervising this project over your shoulder? Maybe you should talk to "the Ryans" first about what happens when the Hassman women double team.
Post a Comment