7.12.2008

10 years already?

Friends Forever

I had mixed feelings at first about going to my 10 year reunion. I really only have a handful of close friends from high school and luckily for me, I've had the opportunity to see most of them in the last 5 years. However, I knew that this might be the only opportunity for us all to be together in one place at one time so my very sweet husband consented that our summer vacation would be spent in in New Mexico and in Eagar, AZ (population less than 10,000).The Girls-clockwise: Me, Kacey, Trinity, Jo, Heather, Sarah Slade, Sarah Smith, middle:Savana
As Ryan grew up in Tooele, a short 45 minute drive from us, I have had the opportunity to meet many of his friends and see and hear about much of where he grew up, went to school, worked, etc. I was excited to share that with him. Trinity--my best friend & Class 0f 1998 President= organizer of 10 year reunion
Although I only spent the last year 1/2 of my high school career in AZ, it was the most influential time of my life. There is no doubt in my mind that the 6 people I called best friends in high school have helped shape who I am today and where I am today. I will forever be grateful for them.Rusty, Payne, Bryce, Lee, Kacey, Me
I think Ryan was pleasantly surprised as we approached Eagar. When I say that I graduated in AZ, I think people automatically assume it's a desert. But as we drove through the pines at 8,000 feet, he could understand why I loved it so much. Round Valley is a little secret oasis to me. My "Guy" friends: Payne, Bryce, Rusty
It was so fun to reunite with the gang, to see how we have all moved on but how we all still cherish so many memories and especially the friendships we made. I loved seeing my friends with their spouses and with their kids. We've all made it and while most of us have moved away (and some have moved back), I think it's safe to say our roots will forever be in Round Valley. My closest girls

2 comments:

Trinity said...

Yeah. So glad to have it and yet so glad it is over! ;) Only the planning part of course . . . It was sooooo great seeing you and your sweet husband & little boy. Thanks a million times again to Ryan for braving the reunion and sacrificing his vacation time for us all. It wouldn't have been near as exciting if you hadn't made it!

Summer said...

Hey! I think you posted awhile ago that you are running the provo half marathon? I am too so I hope to see you there...it has been way too long since I have seen you! Happy running!