5.19.2007

Running with Angels
...and I ran with one of mine

Today was a big day for me. Why? I ran a 5K. No big deal to most out there, but when you haven't run a race since high school, it is a big deal. Sure, I run. I run on a treadmill, I run with my husband, I run outside. But there is just something about running a race. Especially this one. Of course it all goes back to one of my angels...Michelle. Her friend had signed up for the race but couldn't make it, so Mickey called me. I immediately said yes, but when I hung up the phone, I thought "What have I done?" I just got back into the running thing after taking a hiatus due to the birthing of our first child. But I asked for a treadmill, I got it, and there can be no more excuses. So I started up again. And it hurt. It's like not going to the dentist for a really long time. You forget how horrible it is. But once you get used to it, you know what to expect. That's how running is for me. I love to run, but not after taking a one year break. Oh how it hurts. But this morning I proved to myself that I still have it, at least some of it...the rest of it will hopefully be joining me soon. The gardens we ran through were beautiful and it was a beautiful cause to run for. And I have to thank Michelle...I guess you know it's good for you if it hurts. Until the next race...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOTTIES!