9.21.2010

It's Become Tradition.

I'm not quite sure how this became tradition, but for the past 3 years, we've sort of found ourselves back at the Utah State Fair. I'm not sure why. The crowd is sketchy. The place is filthy. The food is all deep fried and over priced. The smells are..well...imagine livestock mixed with beer and funnel cake. But year after year, there we are. Of course, Max is a big fan. He loves the rides. We have to make sure that we hit the animal barns first, otherwise it would be the mini-helicopters for about 3 hours.
We didn't think that Luke was old enough for the little rides this year, but decided to give it a go on our last tickets. He, Max and I rode the mini-helicopters and oh, boy...he LOVED it. He cried and cried when it was over. Shortly after, we headed over to get some home-made ice cream and to find a spot to feed Luke some yogurt. The verdict is still out on whether it was the ride or a sick stomach, but Luke was throwing up dairy all over the place for the hour following the helicopter ride. Did we have a change of clothes? Of course not. Did he throw up milk all over his car seat? Yes, yes he did. Was I tempted to bathe everyone in a bath full of bleach when we got home? Absolutely.
Oh, the State Fair. I suppose it's about creating memories that one day you can look back on and think...why did we do that year after year after year?

No comments: