2.18.2010

Blessing Kian

Adorable
Two weeks ago we took a roady north for the blessing of my new nephew, Kian James Hassman, who is now about a month 1/2 old. It was a short but very pleasant trip and we were so thrilled to meet and hold that new adorable baby for the first time.
Proud Papa
Ryan was really glad that he was able to go with me, given his stint in the ER just 3 days before. I was really glad too as Ryan was the only guy from our side of the family to be there in the circle, other than Jim of course.
Our little family
Mothers in training
The night before we were to leave I kept telling Max that we were going to go to Uncle Jim's house to meet baby Kian. Max & Luke love their Uncle Jim and since we had Max's 3rd birthday at Jim's house in December that included a ride on Jane, Jim's horse, Max really loves Jim's house. I kept telling him we were going there to meet the baby, not for a birthday party or ScoobyDoo cake or horsey rides.Luke lovin' on Uncle Jim
To reinforce this concept I decided to pull up some pictures of baby Kian on Christine's blog.
Mom: "Max, come look at these pictures of baby Kian."
Max: "Oh, yeah. I like him Mom.
Mom: "You do? We are going to go see that baby at Jim's house. Can you tell me his name?"
Max: "Yep. It's Baby Jesus."
No pressure Kian. My beautiful sister-in-law and her brand new baby boy
The blessing was beautiful and Max was so excited to see the baby. Of course just as the closing prayer was said, Max's nose erupts into a bloody mess all over the place. We finally got it stopped and moved the circus into the lobby and onto Jim's house. I swear...can't anything just ever be easy?
Nice nose bleed buddy
Nana and crew enjoy the post blessing brunch
It was such a nice occasion, wonderful blessing, great company and best of all...
we got to love on this little guy!

1 comment:

christine said...

Baby Jesus-hilarious! Thanks so much for coming. It meant so much to have you hear. Can't wait til the little boys can all play together.