6.03.2008

Just Living

The beautiful mother's day bouquet from Ryan, arranged by him
Forgive me for my lack of posting...here's a little of what has been going on. I have absolutely no good excuse for my poor blogging.

Beginning where I left off...the pots arrived the day we left for Mom's for Memorial Day weekend. They are everything I wanted them to be and more.

Memorial Day in Idaho---absolutely relaxing and wonderful. Despite the fact that it rained almost everyday we were there, we loved getting to spend some quality time with just us and Mom, Eli and Kelsey. It was great that Max didn't have to compete for his Nana's attention. He acclimated himself very well to her home and toys. We even got to spend a little time with Jim and his girls and we finally got to meet the newest additions to their family, Pace & Chance, their yearling horses.

Have been doing the gym thing for about a solid month now (even though last week was very hit and miss). 5:30 am comes stinkin early, but I'm doing it. I do one bootcamp class, and 2 muscle toning classes. The other 3 days of the week it's all about running.

Long Runs with Ryan and Max on Saturday mornings have actually become something I look forward too. We have a great trail that runs along the river. Since Ryan is in primo condition, he gets to push Max, which slows him down just enough so that I can keep his pace.

Provo River 1/2 Marathon:August 9th--it's official. I just registered. Only two months to complete my training. I didn't think it was possible to get more blisters on my toes. I'm thinking it's time for some new running shoes...again.

Max is developing quite the strong personality. He has no problem letting us know how he feels about any given thing. He communicates to us daily his strong desire to live outdoors. Perhaps I will set up his bed in the backyard. That way we both win...he gets to live outside and I can get some sleep. That's right, he still wakes up during the night and wants to come get in our bed. Not every night, but it seems to go in spurts of good and bad nights. I blame ourselves completely. I've just conceded to the fact that we've really screwed him up.

Counting down the days to my 10 year reunion trip to Arizona and New Mexico.

1 comment:

Trinity said...

You are coming to the reunion for sure then?! Hooray. I am counting down the days myself. So proud of your for the marathon. I've been road biking a lot lately and trying to get back in the habit. It's good for the soul but not so much for the sole if you get my drift!